[Cs_announce] HackDavis 2019: Applications Now Open (fwd)

Steve Garcia steve at cs.csubak.edu
Tue Dec 11 11:12:03 PST 2018

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 18:13:46 -0600
From: Ivan Hernandez <ivan at hackdavis.io>
To: Melissa <melissa at cs.csubak.edu>
Subject: HackDavis 2019: Applications Now Open

Hi Dr. Danforth,

Thank you for taking the time to read this email. I am on the organizing
team for UC Davis? major collegiate hackathon HackDavis, and I think this is a
great opportunity for students at California State University, Bakersfield
to know about. Would you be able to send the information below to students
in the college? Thank you!

Best,

Ivan Hernandez

---

Hello all,

Interested in making awesome projects, learning how to code or expanding
your technical skills, meeting new people, or all of the above? Apply to
HackDavis 2019! Applications are open now at hackdavis.io and are due on
December 31st at 11:59pm.

HackDavis 2019 is a 24-hour long coding event, happening on February 9th -
10th, 2019, that helps address some of the most pressing issues related to
the Environment, Health, and Education.

This event is free for all admitted participants and people of all
programming levels and all majors are welcome. There will be free food and
swag, and you will also have access to mentors from many different companies
who will host workshops and help guide you. A hackathon is an amazing
opportunity to challenge yourself to learn something completely new, such as
making a web server, controlling a drone, or even reading brain waves!

Feel free to contact us at team at hackdavis.io if you have any questions.

If you haven't already, check us out on social media:

Facebook

Event Page

Instagram

Twitter