[Cs_announce] FW: REU opportunity for Summer 2019 (fwd)

Steve Garcia steve at cs.csubak.edu
Wed Jan 9 11:18:41 PST 2019

From: Tadesse Ghirmai <tadg at uw.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, January 8, 2019 10:08 AM
To: Melissa Danforth <mdanforth at csub.edu>
Subject: REU opportunity for Summer 2019

Dear Professor Melissa Danforth,

We have an excellent REU (Research Experience for Undergraduates) opportunity for students in the summer of
2019. We will be grateful if you could forward the following announcement to the email list of your
undergraduate students. Also, we kindly request you to have the attached flyer posted on your bulletin board.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Tadesse Ghirmai,

Associate Professor and EE program coordinator,

University of Washington Bothell

-----------

The Electrical Engineering Program at the University Washington Bothell is providing an exciting opportunity
of Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU)  students in the Summer of 2019 (June 16-August 23).  The
10-week long REU program plans to engage a diverse group of undergraduate students in interdisciplinary and
collaborative research in acoustic device development, bio-signal processing and data security and computing.
The projects are supervised by three faculty members who have different but complementary specializations.
Some of the benefits of the program include:

?         $5,000 stipend for 10 weeks.

?         On-campus housing.

?         Travel expense up to $500

?         Research experience in cutting-edge technologies

?         Summer in the Pacific Northwest (Seattle area is beautiful during summer)

?         University amenities such as library and gym.

Students who major in electrical engineering, biomedical engineering, computer engineering, computer science
or related fields are invited to apply by the due date of February 20, 2019.

One of the objectives of the REU is to increase the participation of women and minority students in
undergraduate research, we strongly encourage women and minority students to apply. Detailed information about
the program objectives, research topics and the application process is found at http://www.uwb.edu/ee/reu

For further information, please contact Tadesse Ghirmai at tadg at uw.edu.