[Cs_announce] Virtial machine for home use

Steve Garcia steve at cs.csubak.edu
Fri Mar 13 16:41:19 PDT 2020

I have created a virtual machine that is (mostly) a match for the
workstations we have in the labs.  If you need a Linux machine to do your
work from and you don't already have one at home, feel free to download
this one and use it.  It can be downloaded from:

https://www.cs.csub.edu/~steve/CompSciMint.zip

In order to use it, you will need a copy of VMware.  You can request an
account from me to the VMware Academic Program where you can download the
latest version of VMware Workstation or VMware Fusion (send me an email
from your odin mail account) or you can go to the VMware page and download
VMware Workstation Player.  Player is no longer completely free -- they
now want you to pay for it or download it as part of the VMware Academic
Program.  It is free for personal use, but if you use it as a student they
expect you do do it through VMAP.

In any case, here is the direct link.
https://www.vmware.com/products/workstation-player.html

You've better off getting the account from me for VMAP.

--
Steve Garcia
Operating Systems Analyst
steve at cs.csubak.edu
www.cs.csubak.edu/~steve
Ignorance killed the cat.  Curiosity was framed.